365 Days of Social Media Content Calendar for Free
Enter your name and email address below and get started right away:
365 Days Social Media Content Calendar Template
Social media marketing is a vital element of any business. In fact, approximately 78% of Americans say that social media influences their purchasing decisions. Therefore, keeping your social media organized is essential for optimizing your promotional strategy. A great way to manage your social media content for your business is with a content calendar. This calendar acts as a management tool that outlines what and when you post and on which platform. Firefly Marketing has developed an easy-to-use 365 days social media content calendar template for you to use in your social media and Google My Business planning. Read on to discover why this tool is great for your social media, download the free template, and learn how to use it.
Why Need a Social Media Content Calendar
- Having a plan in place ensures that you don’t have to struggle to create last-minute posts. Simply look at what is scheduled in your calendar and go! Plus, using our pre-filled 2021 social media content calendar template helps jumpstart your process when looking for content.
- A schedule allows every member of your team to know what is being posted and when. Having one convenient source promotes efficient collaboration.
- Once you know what needs to be posted, you and your team can determine which resources will be needed to implement your plan.
- You can compare the metrics of your posts to the calendar to discover performance patterns such as which day is the best day to post or which types of posts (text-heavy, photos, videos) perform best with your audience.
- Our 365 Days social media content calendar template provides you with a full record of everything you have posted and ensures that you don’t repeat content, while also keeping you up to date with upcoming holidays and hashtags.
What Makes This Template Easy to Work With
- You can quickly and easily share this template with every member of your team. Once you have made a copy of the template you can begin editing and sharing it with coworkers so they can edit and make revisions.
- Don’t worry about filling in the correct dates for each month, we’ve done that for you! Our 365 days Social Media Content Calendar Template has all the major holidays for 365 days pre-filled.
- We’ve also included some popular hashtag holidays and special days of the year (ex: National Pizza Day) for you to keep up with and to help you further engage with your audience.
- This template includes a specific column dedicated to filling in any notes you have about your posts. Have a high performing post? Make a note and you can start noticing if there are particular patterns with your posts and incorporate that information into your social media planning strategy.
Optimizing Your Social Media Content Calendar
Maintain a Consistent Posting Schedule
Posting regularly shows your followers that you are actively engaged with the platform. Followers grow to expect your posts and will want to connect with you which develops long-term relationships that result in sales.
Engage With Your Followers
By staying on top of popular holidays and events such as #NationalPizzaDay, you can further engage with your audience and generate traffic. It’s also a good idea to establish your target demographic and form your content around their wants, needs, and interests. Here’s a look at the different demographic statistics per social channel.
Establish Your Ideal Content Mix
Your followers don’t just want to hear about your business, they want other types of content such as interesting articles, videos, and news stories related to your business. You can divide your content in many ways; however, the Rule of Thirds and the 80/20 Rule are more commonly used. The Rule of Thirds divides your content evenly between the general promotion of your business, content from other sources related to your industry, and direct engagement with followers (answering questions or comments, reposting). The 80/20 Rule allocates 80 percent of your posts to engaging and interesting content and 20 percent to promoting your products or services.
Find Content Related to Your Field
For outside content, keep an eye out for interesting articles or news stories in industry newsletters, media outlets, and blogs. Be sure to follow other social media pages related to your industry. For example, if your field is finance you would likely want to share related articles from Forbes or posts from popular finance blogs. Whatever you share, you want it to align with your business. Sharing photos of your employees (their birthdays, work anniversaries, new hires, and employee accomplishments) is another way to incorporate related and engaging content.
Looking for additional help?
Need a hand with your social media strategy & planning? We’re here to help! Contact us today with any questions you may have.
TESTIMONIALS & FEATURED CLIENTS
They say about our Product
I want to let you know that coming across your YouTube video while jogging was the best thing that could have happened for my non-existent social media strategy. When I went to your website and downloaded your free resources including the 365 Days Social Media Calendar I was soooo inspired. I had my entire team watch your videos and follow all of your best practices from content creation to scheduling. I am proud to say now that we have posted more content within the last few months than we have ever in the history of our business. Thank you for being such an amazing coach and inspiration.
Creative Director, Big hit Creative Group
“This helped so much – I loved using it for all of my social media – Twitter, instagram, Facebook. It helped me with Usborne Happy because we have a ton of books to offer and I like to know about each of my products. That meant I often was torn between being product savvy or tech savvy… enter your calendar: Your calendar took a major weight off my plate so that I *could* focus on my products and customers. Thank you so much!”
© 2021 Build with Thrive Architect.